On-Site Health & Safety Guidelines
Updated: September 7, 2022
The National Safety Council (NSC) is thrilled to welcome our attendees to the annual NSC Safety Congress & Expo at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, CA, September 16-22. NSC is committed to providing an event experience where our participants, partners and employees can safely and effectively conduct business, network and learn.
As America’s leading nonprofit safety advocate, we will continue to follow scientific research and data to put health and safety first. As the pandemic evolves, we remain flexible in how we manage our protocols, but will continue to communicate with attendees to keep everyone safe.
To access this year's event and to collect your badge, registrants must agree to the COVID-19 protocol noted below. Responses will be captured via laptop at the registraton counters. The attestation will read:
- Not currently experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 nor tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days,
- Up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccinations OR have tested negative for COVID-19 within the last 24 hours
- Not aware of any close contact with someone who has COVID-19 within the last 2 days, AND
- Not currently isolating or quarantining because of exposure to someone with COVID-19 nor waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test.
- I acknowledge this statement is true (if you acknowledge the statement is true, your next step will be to pick up your badge)
- I decline that each statement above is true (if you acknowledge the statement is true, you will receive and email to proceed to the EHS Specialists)
Regstrants will only be allowed to collect their own badge. Attesting for or collecting badges on behalf of other registrants is strictly prohibited.
Face coverings protocols will be determined by CDC COVID-19 community-level guidence and local requirements.
- At this time, face masks are recommended but not required. If you are at high risk for severe illness, talk with your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask and take other precautions.
For addtional information, please visit:
San Diego Convention Center
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
NEW This Year - Report Your Health & Safety Concerns
Text NSC to 74121 to report your health and safety concerns during the event.
In addition to the above requirements, the following health and safety measures will be in place at the 2022 NSC Safety Congress & Expo:
- Enhanced ventilation practices
- Regular cleaning protocols
- Safe distancing practices
- Limited room occupancies
As safety leaders, we share a common understanding that vaccinations and other safety countermeasures are key components of a robust safety protocol for in-person engagements, and we maintain the same safety standard for this event. We appreciate your commitment to safety and cooperation.
By participating in-person, you understand and acknowledge that you risk exposure to and contraction of potentially dangerous disease (COVID-19). You understand and acknowledge the risks associated with diseases and viruses and you are fully aware that exposure may result in, including without limitation, infection, illness, injury, or otherwise. In consideration of the above, you hereby release National Safety Council of any liability related to your attendance.
We ask for your patience as we continue to monitor CDC guidelines. Please check back frequently for updates. We look forward to seeing you in San Diego, CA, September 16-22.