What's new in Education?
The National Safety Council has been America's leading safety advocate for more than a century. Each year the NSC Congress & Expo Educational Strategic Advisory Group meets to bring you the best educational program with the most up-to-date information and emerging topics. It's no surprise that 90% of our audience stated that the information they learned would help them perform their job more effectively.
Here is a quick overview of what's hot and what's new for 2022. For a detailed listing of our sessions visit the Education Sessions page of our website.
Professional Development Seminars*
Check out these NEW 1-day seminars:
- 213: What Brain Science Teaches Us About Safe Behavior
210: Multicultural Considerations with our Safety Communication and Training
214: Whistleblower Protections: Understanding Worker Rights and Supervisor Responsibilities
209: Safety on the Inside: Building a Resilient Workplace
220: Influential Safety Leadership
217: When You Get to Zero, and Nothing to Measure, then What?
211: Managing Workplace Drug Use Can Be Daunting- Here Is Your Answer
216: Human and Organizational Performance Fundamentals: Starting Your HOP Journey
With more than 100 technical sessions there is something for everyone. From Case Studies and Hot Topics to DE&I and Personal Stories as well as Technology we have what you need.
13: Computer Vision AI for Forklift Safety at Owens Corning: A Case Study
14: Five Pillars of a Comprehensive Ergonomics Program
32: Brains, Decision Science and Supercharged Safety Engagement: Human Performance That Works for Workers
49: Why Don't They Folllow the Rules
121: Recordable to Rewardable: A Skeptic’s Human Factors Success Story
8: How to Build and Protect a Thriving Workforce During the “Great Resignation”
55: Marijuana and the Workplace: Balancing the Laws, Safety and the Bottom Line
70: Link EHS to ESG and Influence Your Business Strategy
75: Active Shooter Awareness and Preparedness
105: Cannabis Legalization: Implications for Safety
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 9: They Won't Forget How You Make Them Feel
- 65: Diversity by Way of Safety
- 80: Total Worker Health: Coordinating EHS and HR for World-Class Programs
- 110: Comprende? Overcoming the Language Barrier in Safety
- 301: DE&I Panel Discussion
- 11: Believe in Safety
- 62: The Ripple Effect: How Workplace Incidents Affect Those We Love Most
- 82: Just A Second Ago...the Accident That Change Everything
- 114: Safety is a Tool for Life
- 116: 7 Things Everyone Can Learn from Near-Death Experiences
- 4: Innovating for Safety: How Technology Can Create Safer Workplaces
- 38: Going from Good to Great: Transforming Safety Performance with Technology
- 40: Leverage Wearable Technology to Drive Actionable Injury Reduction
- 53: The Future of Workplace Development and Practical Assessments Using Virtual Reality and Simulation
- 83: Tackling Speeding: Applications of Technology and Behavioral Science and the Safety System Approach
* Separate fee and pre-registration required to attend a Professional Development Seminar.