2022 NSC Safety Congress & Expo
Call for Papers
San Diego, CA
Professional Development Seminars: Sept. 16-18 and 21-22
Congress & Expo: Sept. 19-21
(Currently scheduled as an in-person event)
Proposals due: Friday, February 4, 2022
The NSC Safety Congress & Expo is the world’s largest annual in-person safety event. For more than 100 years safety health and environmental professionals have turned to the NSC Congress & Expo for industry-leading products and technology, education and networking. We invite you to contribute to the professional development of safety leaders and submit a proposal to speak at the 2022 NSC Safety Congress & Expo in San Diego.
FORMAT FOR TECHNICAL SESSIONS
Presentations are 60 minutes and must be delivered in the following fashion:
- Lecture: Single
- Lecture: Multiple speakers
- Panel Discussion: Dialogue among multiple speakers
Preference in Technical Sessions is given to:
- Include participant(s) from industry
- Describe or outline a specific case study or successful project from industry
- Provide information and/or guidance that is evidence-based
- Illustrate the use of technology to mitigate specific risks
- Speak to a professional or senior level audience
- Pertain to the development of leadership and soft skill competencies for safety practitioners and professionals
- Align with the 2022 NSC Safety Congress & Expo Topical Submission Guide
FORMAT FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINARS
Seminars are one to multi-day courses that require a separate fee for registered attendees. The seminars provide hands on, in-depth knowledge building career advancing opportunities and must be delivered in a classroom-style format. Contact time for each instruction day should be the equivalent of 6.5 hours.
Participants include a wide array of industry professionals with a varied level of experience and expertise, including academic representatives, industry leaders, company executives, risk managers, government officials, human resource and personnel managers, industrial hygienists, plant managers, safety directors, fleet managers, union members, and volunteer organizations from as many as 60 foreign countries.
Level of Attendee Experience (select one):
- NSC does not endorse commercial products or lobby commercial products for specific legislation.
- Speakers are not permitted to sell, promote or otherwise give significant exposure to any company or organization's materials, even if providing them for free.
- Advertising, informational literature, samples, etc., in meeting rooms, corridors, guest rooms or other adjacent areas are not permitted. This restriction also applies to printed matter promoting sessions or activities of other non-NSC groups.
- Proposals must be submitted by Friday, February 4, 2022.
- Availability must be confirmed prior to proposal submission. If a session is accepted, cancellation is strongly discouraged.
- International submissions should focus on universal safety topics rather than those specific to a particular region or country.
- Proposals must detail what will be learned by attending the proposed session(s).
- Proposals must be for a technical session or one/multi-day course (Professional Development Seminar).
- For Technical Sessions, all expenses must be covered by speakers; however, speakers are entitled to a full NSC Safety Congress & Expo registration, which includes entrance to all technical sessions, keynotes and the expo Monday through Wednesday (not Professional Development Seminars).
- If you are chosen to conduct a Professional Development Seminar the instructor will be paid speaker expenses to be outlined in a contract once selected.
- Submissions will be reviewed and selected by the NSC Safety Congress & Expo Program Committee. All participants will be contacted by April 2022.
For further information, please contact:
National Safety Council
SUBMIT / MODIFY PROPOSAL