2021 NSC Safety Congress & Expo - Orlando
Health and Safety Guidelines
Together again, safely!
Updated: September 14, 2021
The 2021 NSC Safety Congress & Expo team is excited to welcome our attendees and exhibitors back to Orlando for an in-person event to forge new relationships and celebrate old ones. NSC is committed to creating an event experience where our participants, partners and employees can safely and effectively conduct business, network and learn.
We have a comprehensives EHS event management plan in place to ensure the health and safety of everyone attending. We are working closely with the Orange County Convention Center, Visit Orlando, contracted hotels and taking extra precautions. Please note these safety and health measures will evolve based on current CDC recommendations and any building, city, state and federal mandates.
The National Safety Council highly encourages all participants attending this year's NSC Safety Congress & Expo be vaccinated. For entry into this year's event, please upload the following through the ShareMy.Health app (HIPAA Compliant Software System.)
- If you're vaccinated,
- Upload proof of vaccination
- Answer daily health questions
- If you're unvaccinated
- Provide a negative COVID test every 24 hours
- Answer daily health questions
Please note: We will not be offering onsite testing. Please visit one of the several Walgreens facilities* in the Orlando area.
HIPAA Compliant Software System
NSC is partnering with ShareMy.Health, a consumer-directed exchange that locates health records for patrons of a variety of events and gatherings. Individuals can manage their information through the ShareMy.Health secure platform, which provides an encrypted digital expository of their health information. This provides individuals with a HIPPA complaint ability to own the rights to their personal health data, manage access to their data, manage access to their data, and consent to share specific data over a defined time period with trusted organizations.
- All registered participants will receive an invitation email to create an account with ShareMy.Health (please check your spam folder as you may not be receiving important emails your system doesn't recognize).
- Be sure you register with the same email address used in your invitation.
- Through your individual profile,
- You can register your testing results
- Manage your vaccine uploads
- Access to the event will be granted to attendees that meet NSC requirements by visually showing a "green check" on your mobile device.
- Create your ShareMy.Health profile.
We are also working with our hotel shuttle provider on all health and safety protocols. Proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results is required to ride the shuttle. Bus capacity will be reduced by 50% and sanitized after each ride.
In addition, by participating, you understand and acknowledge that you risk exposure to and contraction of potentially dangerous disease (COVID-19). You understand and acknowledge the risks associated with diseases and viruses and you are fully aware that exposure may result in, including without limitation, infection, illness, injury, or otherwise. In consideration of the above, you hereby release National Safety Council of any liability related to your attendance.
Highlighted below are some of the additional safety and health measures that will be implemented at the 2021 NSC Safety Congress & Expo and any NSC sponsored meetings/events:
- Face mask requirement
- Enhanced ventilation practices
- Regular cleaning protocols
- Safe distancing practices
- Limited room occupancies
- Safe traffic flow patterns
Here are Orange County Convention Center links detailing their health and safety protocols.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
We ask for your patience as we continue to monitor CDC guidelines. Please check back frequently for updates. We look forward to seeing you in Orlando, October 8-14, 2021.