On-Site Health & Safety Guidelines
Updated: July 29, 2022
The National Safety Council (NSC) is thrilled to welcome our attendees to the annual NSC Safety Congress & Expo at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, CA, September 16-22. NSC is committed to providing an event experience where our participants, partners and employees can safely and effectively conduct business, network and learn.
As America’s leading nonprofit safety advocate, we will continue to follow scientific research and data to put health and safety first. As the pandemic evolves, we remain flexible in how we manage our protocols, but will continue to communicate with attendees to keep everyone safe.
To access the 2022 NSC Safety Congress & Expo, all participants will be required to review and agree to the following.
- not currently experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 nor tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days,
- up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccinations with the last dose being administer at least 2-weeks ago OR have tested negative for COVID-19 within the last 24 hours,
- not aware of any close contact with someone who has COVID-19 within the last 2 days, AND
- not currently isolating or quarantining because of exposure to someone with COVID-19 nor waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test.
We encourage individuals who are not able to attest to their health status to explore the many educational resources NSC has available online.
In addition to the above requirements, the following health and safety measures will be in place at the 2022 NSC Safety Congress & Expo:
- Enhanced ventilation practices
- Regular cleaning protocols
- Safe distancing practices
- Limited room occupancies
Face coverings requirements:
- Will be determined by CDC COVID-19 community-level guidence and local requirements
Listed below are San Diego Convention Center links detailing their health and safety protocols
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
As safety leaders, we share a common understanding that vaccinations and other safety countermeasures are key components of a robust safety protocol for in-person engagements, and we maintain the same safety standard for this event. We appreciate your commitment to safety and cooperation.
By participating in-person, you understand and acknowledge that you risk exposure to and contraction of potentially dangerous disease (COVID-19). You understand and acknowledge the risks associated with diseases and viruses and you are fully aware that exposure may result in, including without limitation, infection, illness, injury, or otherwise. In consideration of the above, you hereby release National Safety Council of any liability related to your attendance.
We ask for your patience as we continue to monitor CDC guidelines. Please check back frequently for updates. We look forward to seeing you in San Diego, CA, September 16-22.